13th Online Course on International Refugee Law
October 18 @ 1:00 pm - November 12 @ 3:00 pm CEST
The Course presents the key aspects of the international protection of refugees. The topics covered range from the analysis of International Refugee Law and its complementarity with other bodies of law to the different displacement phases. The causes that force people to flee, the protection risks encountered through the displacement cycle, and the search and implementation of durable and sustainable solutions are also examined. Additional refugee-related issues are further analysed through a cross-cutting approach, such as gender-based violence and the protection of internally displaced and stateless people. The Course is conducted in light of the developments generated by the Global Compact on Refugees.
The Course is developed primarily to benefit mid and senior-level government officials involved in the formulation and application of legislation and policies affecting people in need of protection. Members of civil society and the academia, who could positively influence the safeguard of refugees’ rights and advocate for the protection of uprooted and stateless persons, are also accepted as participant.
- Promote law, principles and policies related to the international protection of refugees.
- Develop a common understanding among participants on how legislation and policies can be promoted and implemented at the national level by a variety of stakeholders.
- Raise awareness on the human rights issues faced by refugees and the need for durable solutions.
- Enhance the skills of participants in developing and applying policies and standards in conformity with International Law.
- Encourage a positive attitude among participants towards the protection of refugees and other uprooted people.
Application Deadline, Scholarships Opportunities, and Official Certificate
Candidates are invited to register to the Course by ….
- October 18 @ 1:00 pm CEST
- November 12 @ 3:00 pm CEST
- Event Categories:
- Department of International Refugee Law and Migration Law, International Refugee Law, Online Course
- International Institute of Humanitarian Law
Villa Ormond C.so Cavallotti 113
Sanremo, 18038 Italy
- View Venue Website
- Department of International Refugee Law and Migration Law