6th Online Course on Internal Displacement (Spanish)
November 15 @ 5:00 pm - December 10 @ 7:00 pm CET
The 6th Online Course on Internal Displacement explores key aspects of the protection of internally displaced persons (IDPs), while analysing internal displacement from different angles and perspectives.Starting from the international norms underpinning the protection of IDPs, including the Guiding Principles on Internal Displacement and the Kampala Convention, the workshop examines the causes and consequences of internal displacement, its current global trends, and the protection risks faced by individuals throughout the displacement cycle. The Course also analyses cross-cutting issues, such as housing, land and property, data collection, and the international community coordination mechanisms established together with state’s authorities and civil society representatives to respond to IDPs situations. The workshop ultimately addresses the search and implementation of durable and sustainable solutions for IDPs.
The Course is developed primarily to benefit mid and senior-level government officials involved in the formulation and application of legislation and policies affecting IDPs. It is also addressed to members of the civil society and the academia, who can positively influence the safeguard of IDPs’ rights and advocate for their protection.
- Enhance participants’ understanding of the international norms underpinning the protection of IDPs
- Promote the use and implementation of the Guiding Principles of Internal Displacement
- Build up capacities of governments to establish or improve existing legislation and policies on the protection of IDPs
- Encourage the sharing of experiences and best practices among participants regarding the protection of IDPs and the search for solutions.
Application Deadline, Scholarships Opportunities, and Official Certificate
Candidates are invited to register to the Course by … october 2021. A limited number of scholarships is available for the Online Course and cannot therefore be guaranteed purely by application. Scholarships will depend upon funds available to the Institute thanks to the kind contribution of our donors. To apply for a scholarship, you must detail so in the dedicated field in the Registration Form. The Course strikes a balance between theory and practice and is delivered through a participatory and creative teaching methodology, aimed at facilitating the learning process and implementing the knowledge gained throughout the training. Sessions include lectures, presentations, case studies, group work, audio-visual support, and other activities, which respond to the various learning styles of a diversified audience. Please note that the official Certificate of completion will be awarded only to who attends the Course in full, including participation in live and self-paced sessions, and completion of assignments.
- November 15 @ 5:00 pm CET
- December 10 @ 7:00 pm CET
- Event Categories:
- Department of International Refugee Law and Migration Law, Internal Displacement, Online Course
- International Institute of Humanitarian Law
Villa Ormond C.so Cavallotti 113
Sanremo, 18038 Italy
- View Venue Website
- Department of International Refugee Law and Migration Law