Institutional Engagement and Programme Coordinator
The Department of International Refugee Law and Migration Law (hereinafter: the Department) of the International Institute of Humanitarian Law (hereinafter: the Institute), Sanremo – Italy, calls for applications for the position of Institutional Engagement and Programme Coordinator.
The Institute, through the Department, aims at enhancing the knowledge and skills of government and civil society officials engaged in work with people in need of protection, namely refugees, internally displaced person (IDPs),stateless people and migrants.
Through its training, capacity building and horizontal sharing of experiences, the Department advocates for the safeguarding of human rights in a way that complements and adds to the efforts of relevant stakeholders in this field of protection. The Institute has a consolidated reputation worldwide and a long-lasting partnership with international organizations, such as the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees –UNHCR, the International Organization for Migration –IOM, and the International Committee of the Red Cross –ICRC.
The Department is looking for a proactive Coordinator for its newly created Institutional Engagement and Programme Unit with strong organizational skills and solid experience in programme management and fundraising. He/she will coordinate the design and delivery of courses, tailored initiatives and other activities of the Academic Unit for governmental training institutions and universities.
At the same time, the incumbent will lead the management of the programme implemented with the support of main donors and define the fundraising and institutional engagement strategy and priorities of the Department.
Terms of Reference:
- Contribute to the design of the Department’s Biannual Programme Strategy, in particular with regards to fundraising, reporting and finance monitoring.
- Research funding opportunities.
- Develop funding proposals and liaise with the donors on programmatic and technical implementation aspects of the projects.
- Monitor overall technical implementation of projects, including implementation rate, performance indicators and expected outputs.
- Ensure that reports are submitted meeting the standards and deadlines required by donors.
- Maintain regular monitoring of the financial situation of the Department, including expected and effective instalments by donors, other sources of revenues and periodic and annual balances.
- Ensure effective coordination with the other colleagues of the team of the Department, in particular with the Project Assistant and Finance Assistant, including briefings and needed internal training that can contribute to the effective implementation of the projects.
- Recommend to the Director courses of action and initiatives for the effective implementation of the fundraising strategy and programme in general.
- Perform any other duty relevant to the position as determined by the Director of the Department.
Experience and Education:
- University Degree in Law, Political Science or Social and Economic Sciences.
- Experience in fundraising and liaison with donors.
- Experience working with international organizations, in particular UNHCRin HQs and in the field is a very important asset.
- Experience in working for government agencies that provide funds to non-governmental organizations an asset.
- Experience in design of programme, drafting project proposals, and negotiating with donors.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting reports, including analysis, implementation arrangements and definition of output and performance indicators.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, in particular budget management of non-governmental organizations.
- Strong organizational and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Required languages of fluency (written and spoken) in English and.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in another official UN language (e.g. Russian, Arabic, French, Spanish).
Applications may be submitted via email, addressed to email@example.com, with subject line reading “VACANCY:INSTITUTIONAL ENGAGEMENT AND PROGRAMME COORDINATOR”.
The email should include the following:
- Letter of interest for the position, outlining the reasons why the candidate should be selected and relating previous experience to the terms of reference for the position.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae, including three references (name, position and contact details).
- The received material will not be shared beyond the selection panel for the vacancy.
Application Deadline: 15 February2022
Starting Date: no later than 1 March2022
Should a suitable candidate be identified, the Institute may choose to begin the interview process before the application deadline.